Like a lot of people, I love pizza. But I also like to eat as healthy as I possibly can. Today for lunch I decided to make a healthy version of pizza in an attempt to see if I could eat my favourite dish without going crazy. Read on to see how I did.
- 1Tsp olive oil.
- 1tbsp Tomato Purée
- 1 Large wrap
- 1 Large Tomato
- 1 egg.
Now this dish isn’t vegan friendly due to the egg but it could be if an alternative food source is used. I also did not use any cheese in this recipe. It’s a very handy dish as it only has five ingredients and is quick to make.
- First of all, I preheated my oven to 180C/336F.
- I then spread the olive oil onto the wrap evenly. Then I placed my wrap into the oven for 3 minutes approximately to heat up the wrap.
- While my wrap was cooking, I chopped my tomato into large pieces before mixing some tomato purée into it. (If you’d prefer to chop the tomato finely you can, I was just far too lazy.)
- I take the wrap out of the oven and spread the tomato mix all over it, although I make sure no big chunks are left in the middle of the wrap.
- I then cracked my egg on top of the tomato.
- I then place the wrap back into the oven and allow it to cook for ten minutes. (Alternatively you can leave it in the oven until the egg itself is set.)
- Voila. Quick and simple, my pizza is ready!!
Now I know that the above picture is not the most well taken or aesthetically pleasing piece of photography. I’m not a great decorator so food I make tend to taste better than how they look. I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed eating this pizza. I usually don’t like foods where tomato is the dominant taste but this time I felt like it was a nice meal. However without the egg, I probably wouldn’t have enjoyed the food as much as I did. I will definitely be making this dish again as it took 20 altogether to make which is perfect in my busy everyday life. I do personally prefer a dominos pizza but when trying to be healthy, I can’t really complain!!
Read my previous post here!!